TVOC 2 fixed PID Detector
For continuous VOC monitoring
TVOC 2 is a fixed continuous PID detector for the detection and measurement of total volatile organic compounds (TVOCs). Its photoionisation detection (PID) sensor capabilities utilise advanced patented Fence Electrode Technology with increased resistance to humidity and contamination.
A robust fixed PID detector, TVOC 2 has a selectable detection range of 0 – 10 ppm, 0 – 100 ppm or 0 – 1000 ppm and is ideal for use in manufacturing and process industries where VOCs are typically present.
With a 4-20 mA analogue output, TVOC 2 can be simply integrated into a Distributed Control System (DCS) to provide warnings and enable control of high VOC levels in the working environment.
The instrument’s ATEX approvals enable a 3 wire TVOC system to be used in Zone 2 hazardous areas without safety barriers, whilst its ATEX and IECEx approvals allow TVOC 2 to be used in Zone 1 hazardous areas with safety barriers.
Simple to install service and calibrate, TVOC 2 requires no hot work permit and the PID sensor is accessible and changeable in a matter of seconds.
Best available photoionisation (PID) detection
- PID independently verified as best performing on the market
- Range: 0 to 10, 0 to 100 or 0 to 1000 ppm from just one instrument
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Variable duty cycle prolongs run time
- Reliable diffusive monitoring – no pump required
- Accurate results over all environmental conditions
- Rugged and robust design withstands harsh environments
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- ATEX and IECEx approved
Ease of use
- Simple to use – minimal training required
- Easy access PID sensor for fast, simple servicing
- Simple calibration procedure
- Easily integrated into a control system
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- Two-year warranty when instrument registered online
|Hazardous Area Safety Approvals||
II 2G Ex ia IIC T4 Gb (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +50°C)
II 3G Ex nA IIC T4 (-40°C ≤ Ta ≤ +50°C)
IECEx BAS 06.0057X
|Ingress Protection Rating||
Designed to IP65
Power: 5-28 VDC Max 130 mA
Output: 4-20mA requires an 8-35 VDC power supply
|Range||0 to 10 ppm, 0 to 100 ppm, 0 to 1000 ppm (user selectable)|
|Sampling||Diffusion (can be pumped if required using an adaptor)|
|Display||7 segment, 4 digit LCD, 4 colour LED’s|
|Response||Sensor – T90 <5 sec|
|Accuracy||0 to 100 ppm: ± 5% at calibration point.
100 to 1000 ppm: ± 10% at calibration point.
Accessed via magnetic switch
100 ppm Isobutylene via calibration kit accessory
Operating: -20 to 50°C, (-4 to 122°F)
Humidity: 0-95% RH (non-condensing)
|Weight & dimensions||
Instrument: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb)
Packed: 1.6 kg (3.5 lb)
Dimensions: 188 x 126 x 78 mm (7.4 x 4.9 x 3″)
|4-20 mA alarm levels||Selectable 2 mA & 3.5 mA options|
FALCO fixed VOC detector
Designed with ‘typhoon technology’ for extreme weather and condensing atmospheres!
Falco is the latest generation of fixed VOC detectors that continuously detect a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) using patented photoionisation detection (PID) technology.
Unique to this fixed VOC detector is its revolutionary ‘typhoon technology’ safeguarding the PID sensor from condensing moisture for added reliability in severe weather conditions. In addition, the PID sensor incorporates patented Fence Electrode Technology, which virtually removes the effects of airborne humidity and protects from contamination.
The Falco VOC detector gives you cutting-edge performance; reliability, accuracy and results you can trust so you can be sure workforce and plant receive on-going maximum protection. With its humidity resistance and anti-contamination design drift is minimised and run-time extended, saving both time and cost to your business.
Offering the ultimate in safety, Falco eliminates false readings found with other competing PID technology. Its multi-coloured LED status display can be seen from a distance of twenty metres in sunlight ensuring you are clearly alerted to hazards present.
Falco has an externally located Intrinsically Safe sensor for quick and easy servicing without the need for a hot work permit. Dual certification allows Falco to be serviced and calibrated in a hazardous environment without having to remove power.
Simple to operate the Falco fixed VOC detector has an intuitive user interface. It has five magnetic switches with LED confirmation, a high contrast OLED screen and graphical interface ensuring installation and servicing are both quick and easy.
RS485 (Modbus®), 4-20 mA and Relay outputs are standard for all models. The Relay outputs are configurable for either high and low alarms, fault conditions or test cycle synchronisation.
The Falco fixed VOC detector offers the ultimate in flexibility and can be purchased as one of four detection ranges in either a pumped or diffused variant. With a diffused model, servicing costs are kept to a minimum with no pump to maintain.
- The only VOC detector specifically designed for extreme weather
- ‘Typhoon technology’ stops condensation forming within the PID
- Cutting-edge sensor performance minimises drift & downtime
- Eliminates false readings found with competing PID technology
- Multi-coloured status display can be seen from 20 metres in sunlight
- Fitted with long-life lamp for two years continuous use
- Ex d approved
- Pumped or diffused models available
- Pumped unit ideal for difficult to access locations
- Diffused model reduces servicing costs
- Four detection ranges available
- Selectable response factor for varying VOC selection
|Sensor||Photoionisation with 10.6 eV lamp|
|Detection ranges and sensitivity||10.0 ppm* 0.001 ppm
50.0 ppm* 0.01 ppm
1000 ppm* 0.1 ppm
3000 ppm* 1 ppm
|Detection time (T90)||<30 seconds (diffused)**|
|User interface||Display: OLED high contrast white on black: 128 (w) x 64 (h) pixels Screen size: 35 mm (w) x 17.5 mm (h)
5 magnetic switches with LED confirmation (up, down, left, right & enter). Magnetic actuator supplied.
|Status indicator||Bright visible status indicator: RED, AMBER, GREEN|
|Certification||II 2G Ex d ib IIC T4 Gb ISO9001:2015|
|Mechanical interface||2 x cable entry points with 3/4” NPT threads (left and right)
2 x 3/4” NPT to M20 Stainless steel (supplied)
|Dimensions||Without pump: 200 (h) x 190 (w) x 125 (d) mm
With pump: 290 (h) x 190 (w) x 125 (d) mm
|Mounting points||2 x M8|
|Input power||Working voltage: 12 to 40 Vdc Max. power: 7 watts|
|Outputs||4 to 20 mA (active and passive)
RS485 supports Modbus® protocol
Relay x 2 SPST (60 Vdc 2A) – configurable