Bolt Tension Meter
TI-MINIMAX Ultrasonic Bolt Tension Meter
The TI-MINIMAX Ultrasonic Bolt Tension Monitor, is a state of the art instrument designed to measure elongation produced by tightening a threaded fastener, accurately measures the elongation of fasteners of virtually any material from 1/2 inch to 10 feet in length. Measurement is achieved by determining the change in the transit time of an ultrasonic shock wave along the length of the fastener as the fastener is tightened. The on-board microcomputer automatically interprets this time measurement to display the time(nanoseconds), elongation, load, stress, or %strain from stretching a fastener.
- The first cost effective ultrasonic solution available on the market.
- Visually compare the unloaded to the loaded waveform.
- Display Options - RF, Rectified, Large Digits with Limits Bar.
- Effectively monitor your bolts during periodic shutdowns over the service life of the fastener.
- Measurement quanities - Time (nanoseconds), Elongation, Load, Stress, and %Strain.
- Display Resolution - 1/8" VGA 240 x 160 pixels.
- Stores 8000 readings and waveforms in multiple groups.
- Built-in Linear regression or vector for optimizing load measurements.
- The Auto Set feature automatically optimizes detection and adjusts display.
- Hi/Lo alarm tolerance limits work in conjunction with the data port and external pump shut-off device.
- IP 65 Rated
- Measuring Range : From 1" to 48" (25.4mm to 122cm) bolts
- Time : Nanoseconds
- Elongation : Change in length (inches/millimeters)
- Load : Force load applied (pounds kIP or kN Killonewtons)
- Stress : Force for unit area stress applied (pounds kPSI or megapascals MPa)
- Strain % : Percentage strain applied (inches per inch or millimeters per millimeter)
- Resolution : +/- .00001 inches (0.0001mm)
- Velocity Range : .0492 to .3936 in/ms, 1250 to 9999 meters/sec
- Calibration : Fixed, Single, and Two point zero calibration options, Select bolt material types from a preset or custom list.
- Units : English and Metric
- Measuring Modes : Pulse - Echo (standard), Pulse - Echo w/Gate
- Pulser : Square wave pulser with adjustable pulse width (spike, thin, wide)
- Receiver : Manual or Auto Set gain control with 40dB range
- Timing : 10 bit 250 MHz digitizer
- Display modes : A-Scan - Rectified +/- (half wave view), or RF (full waveform view)
- Alarm Limits : Set hi and lo tolerances with audible beeper, viewable scan bar, and visual LEDs
- Data Logger : Total of 8,000 readings, multiple bolt groups. Stores both waveform views, nanoseconds, elongation, load, stress, and strain for each reading
- Memory : 16 megabit non-volatile ram
- Transducer : Single Element (1 to 10 MHz & 1/8" to 1" diameters)
- Transducer Cable Length : 10 foot (custom lengths available, inquire)
The TI-MINIMAX is supplied as a kit including Gauge, 2 AA batteries, 4 oz. Bottle of Couplant, RS232 Transfer Cable, Lemo to DB9 M/F 10' Lemo to Microdot Transducer Cable, Windows Utility Software Carrying Case, Operation Manual.
Probes/Transducers and Calibration blocks are sold separately